Sunday, May 13, 2012

So much to do!

There is just SO much to do to prepare for this trip- to even get close enough to know for sure I'm going. I have to buy a passport for the trip and meanwhile worry that I won't raise the funds for it. I am planning fundraisers that sound like they're going to be a lot of fun and hopefully well attended- and still, I may not know for sure I'm going until it's down to the wire! It makes me really nervous.

Right now I am talking with a friend (I did it, I asked him!) about possibly using his venue for a little event I am thinking might work out well. More details on that when I have them.

Another friend, a local business owner, offered her space for me to do a garage sale and so we're hammering out those details. I'm trying to keep people posted without being overwhelming, and I also am trying to mitigate my nervousness that people won't donate.

The best part though, is just when I feel most nervous about it, someone does donate, offers a silent auction item, or offers to help in some way. I need to trust that what is meant to happen will- and that whether it's what I'm planning or not, it will still be a delicious journey getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment