Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Webite is up and running

Boy, it seemed to take me for-e-ver to find a site that offers free websites that had a template I liked. Darn my Libra pickiness! Either way, I found a good home at moonfruit.com and now I have a gorgeous website that hopefully help me to promote the fundraisers that are underway.

Take a peek!

In the meantime, it seems there's a bit of a lull on fundraising and that's mainly because of my recent health issues, I haven't been able to focus on anything else. Now I'm moving forward and still very committed to getting to Shanti in September. I am starting to grow a little anxious about the fundraising and a lot is riding on these events being successful.

In the meantime I have to get in touch with Melinda and Jane about this training and seeing where I'll fit in. I do have an outline from the original doula trianing I was writing about a year ago and need to send that over so we can start hammering out details. I'm a little overwhelmed with wanting to cover important topics, but also needing to identify what those topics might be in an audience that isn't limited by a doula's scope of practice, where cultural differences may cause things to vary somewhat (or a lot), and making sure not to be so American-centric that the information makes sense to the audience.

At the end of the day, being with women in labor transcends culture in some ways - soft words lovingly spoken, firm but gentle touch, reassurance, a look in the eye of strength and trust in the process her body is taking. Birth makes us very basically human and sets a common ground. Surely there are traditions in place that vary by culture but no matter what, the loving community stands guard in some way, holds a space, sends out hope for a safe passage.

No comments:

Post a Comment